4.25.2009

I'm shakin up, but I'm ok... I want to say thanks...

Well I just had a very scary experience Last night... and feel that I need to show some special appreciation for some people. First I thank the Lord for watching over me and helping me out in a major time of need, and answering my prayers immediately. Second I am lucky that even though it can be dangerous driving fast, I'm so thankful for the fact that my dad being a real, pro race car driver for a short time and my brother for his experience in racing, taught me how to drive. And be able to handle a vehicle well enough that even if I'm going very fast I can stay in control of it. Third I feel gratitude for my neighbors son for being in the right place and the right time to help me, even though he didn't realize it until I went over and thanked him... This is what happened...... Last night I drove down to the fabric store to buy some stuff for a costume I wore to a party tonight. About a little before I was half way home I noticed a car somewhat following me through traffic on the freeway... Not unusual for freeway driving... when someone wants to get through, and they see a car making their way through, they tend to follow right? Well, as I was exiting the freeway I noticed they were exiting as well.... but then... I realized that they were trying to follow my exact movements and when someone is doing that... they are usually following someone... every time I tried to pass a car and get around them and in front of them this car did the same... As I was coming to a light, I pulled in the right lane knowing that it was going to end right after the light, so that I could get in front of a truck, they tried doing the same however they obviously didn't know the lane was going to end because they had to hurry back over to the left lane. I took a turn onto a back road... they followed... I turned onto state street and weaved in and out of cars... they followed.... of course half of this time I was speeding trying to put some space between us... they kept up however... I was getting my phone out and getting ready to call it in and request some help.... however, as I pulled to a four way stop, with them almost rear-ending me, I knew that there was somewhere that had a lit parking lot where a lot of cars would be and I could possibly hide... however it would be tough trying to get away from them... This is when my neighbors son pulled behind me turning left at the four way, in a truck with a trailer, he was going somewhat slow... so it gave me time to take off like a bat out of hell and take this random chance that I just was blessed with to get away... Luckily... I was able to hide among the cars, and I waited and I watched as the truck slowly drove forward with the car right on their tail.... Also luckily, they didn't see me... but I could tell the whole time they were driving down the street, they were weaving back and forth trying to look around the truck... when the truck pulled off to turn off, they sped off like none other trying to catch up to me... however coming up to another four way.. they sat there for a good minute or so flipping and changing their blinkers... trying to figure out which way to go... now granite they might not have been following me, however I follow that hard to believe with every turn I made they made, down back road after back road..... at speeds that I wish I hadn't been driving... So... I just kinda feel like its safe to assume they were following me... This went on for a good like 15 maybe 20 mins... I'm not sure why they were following me, who they were or what they wanted. I'm just grateful that I was able to get away and get home safely. After I got home I ran next door to say thanks to my neighbor as I walked up I seen two guys unloading the truck so I asked ok was Norm driving or was someone else... They said Randy was. And then he walked out and I said thanks and told him what he had done for me and how grateful I was to him... the other guys and him proceeded to tell me that the whole time that other car was following them and riding their tail... they were discussing it and were ready to stop and kick some butt or whatever... And then they realized why they were following so close and trying to get around them or get them to go faster. They were very thankful that they were able to help me out... Well... that's pretty much the story... and those who helped me out thank you SO much, you have no idea what it means to me!!! Well I better head to bed, so I'll talk to you all later!!! Loves to all!!!! ~Kim

No comments: